· FBI examining New Jersey Sen. Bob Menendez’s ties to fugitive Ecuador bankers in Coral Gables, Florida.
· The criminal investigation is focusing on Menendez’s behalf of two fugitive bankers from Ecuador, William and Roberto Isaias. The probe into Menendez’s dealing with the bankers comes as federal authorities are also investigating his relationship to a big campaign donor from Florida.
· The Isaias brother have fugitives from their native Ecuador for more than a decade; sentenced in absentia for embezzling millions as the bank they ran there was collapsing.
· It is another Menendez investigation in South Florida or Latin America. Almost a year ago to the date, the feds raided the West Palm Beach offices of Menendez’s pal, Salomon Melgen, in a Medicare fraud scam.
· FBI gave a look at Menendez’s involvement in a Dominican port-security contract connected to Melgen and a former Menendez aide.
With informations from agencies.